Covid-19 New Policies
THE UPTOWN BEAUTY LOUNGE TEAM HAVE BEEN WORKING HARD TO ENSURE OUR GUESTS EXPERIENCE IS SAFE AND ENJOYABLE. WE ARE TAKING THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF YOU, OUR GUESTS AND OUR STAFF SERIOUSLY WHEN NAVIGATING THROUGH THE GLOBAL PANDEMIC.
WE HAVE TAKEN THE FOLLOWING MEASURES
• We have hand disinfecting gel at the reception desk and at every station, anti-bacterial hand soap at all our handwashing stations and in the restrooms with single use paper or cloth towels.
• All our team is always going to wear masks or face shield’s/guards ALL DAY and may wear gloves, face shields, protective googles for some services.
• To respect the capacity limit established by the authorities our establishment capacity will be capped at all time at 5 guests.
• To meet this guest capacity limitation; our team is adapting their work schedule and the salon is extending its operating hours when needed. Note that we may not be able to accommodate your usual favourite time slot for a certain period.
• For your protection and relaxation; the hair wash stations will have limited conversation and have a plexi glass divider between the two stations.
• Note that we will wash every client’s hair before haircut without exception.
• Our retail area is fully operational, but is touchless please ask for assistance; our team will prepare your retail order and have it ready for pick-up as you leave our premises (No shelf Shopping).
• Note that we would prefer that you refrain from using cash as a mode of payment, we accept interac and all major credit cards.
WHAT OUR ESTABLISHMENT IS DOING FOR YOUR SAFETY
• We have studied the provincial guidelines and have ensured that not only we meet the standards but also exceeded them wherever we could to enhance the safety of our clientele and our workers while delivering a relaxing and pleasurable visit at our establishment.
• We have completely sanitized the establishment, all our furniture, equipment, tools and supplies before re-opening and will do a full sanitization routine of the workstation, furniture, tools and implements between each client to ensure that safety of each and every one.
• Our whole team took upskilling training on disinfection, sanitation and infection control protocols. Ask to see our certificates; we are very proud of them.
• We have installed signage to remind everyone of the new rules and safety standards at our front door.
• We will ask each worker and each client to answer the Safe Visit Protocol Questionnaire every day for worker and at every visit for client.
• Each worker will only service one client at a time; please note that client must come alone (no escort, spouse, friend, kids, pets). If necessary, please contact in advance.
• Please arrive to your appointment timely (no more than 5 minutes early) note that we may ask you to wait outside if our establishment is still at full capacity and that our waiting area is currently closed. Our coat check will be unavailable; please bring a large shopping bag where you can deposit all your belongings and keep them safe from contact with other guests clothing. Please limit your own personal belongings.
• Upon arrival, please use hand the disinfecting gel, and we would appreciate that you wear a mask for the duration of your visit. (if you don’t have a mask; we can supply you one). You may opt to wear gloves if you want; note that we are not able to supply them as they are hard to find, and we must reserve our stock for our team.
• Note also that our refreshment services are limited to bottled water, and that all magazines have been temporarily removed for your safety.
Questionnaire for each client
(verbal for phone appointment, on paper for walk-in salons)
Name of client: _____________________________________
- Do you have a fever (or run a touchless fever test)?
- Yes – sorry we cannot service you today
- Do you have a cough?
- Yes - sorry we cannot service you today
- Anyone living with you would answer yes to the first 2 questions?
- Yes – sorry we cannot service you today
- Have you been exposed to anyone with covid-19 symptoms in the last 14 days?
- yes – sorry we cannot service you today
5. Have you been traveling outside of the country in the last 14 days?
- yes – sorry we cannot service you today
6. Do you live (or travelled to) the following cities Ottawa,Toronto or Peel and surrounding area?
1. yes- sorry we cannot service you today
*AT THIS TIME WE WILL NOT BE SERVICING ANYONE THAT RESIDES OR FREQUENTS ONTARIOS HOT SPOTS (OTTAWA, TORONTO AND PEEL REGION) WE APPRESCIATE YOUR HONESTY AND COOPERATION AT THIS TIME.
In fairness to our guests and staff, there are no exceptions to our policies.
We will continue to assess the situation as it evolves. We encourage everyone to keep well, stay informed and safe while following the advice of health care officials. Please take care of yourselves and your loved ones.
We look forward to seeing everyone soon!
-The Team at Uptown Beauty Lounge
Cancellation and Late Policies
- Non-Deposit Appointments: If you do not come to your appointment or you cancel/reschedule within 24 hours of your appointment, you will be subject to a fee of $25 which will be added onto your next bill. Subsequent last minute cancelations/rescheduling will result in a mandatory $25 deposit for all future appointments, and the cancelation fee must be paid before any future appointments can be booked.
- Deposit Appointments: If you do not come to your appointment or you cancel/reschedule within 48 hours of your appointment, you will forfeit your deposit and must place another deposit when you rebook with us.
- If you are going to be late to your appointment, please call us. Please be aware of construction or road blocks on your route to the spa and leave accordingly. If you are late, you will only receive your service for the remaining time in your appointment but you will be charged for the full amount of the original service. If you are so late that we are unable to accommodate your appointment, you will be subject to the $25 cancellation fee.
- Due to the nature of our business and our small staff we require a confirmation via our booking system, confirmation via text, email or phone call. If you leave incorrect information, phone number and or email and we are unable to confirm with you we will cancel your reservation 24 hours prior. For those choosing to book online please read our cancellation policy before booking. We appreciate your understanding.
- Children are welcome to visit the spa for services, as we have several services that accommodate to our younger clients. However, please do not bring children to the spa for your appointment. In our experience, it's not only an unpleasant experience for the child, but it causes disruptions in your service as well as others, and we want to ensure that all of our guests are able to have a relaxing experience, including you!
- We don’t mind if you see other technicians within our spa! In fact, it’s best if you are flexible with your service provider as it gives you more options for booking.
- From time to time, our technicians might be delayed; something unexpected might have arose during a treatment, a service may have taken longer than what was booked for, etc. For whatever reason we might be behind, please know that it is to ensure that we are trying to offer our clients the best service possible. That said, we make every effort to ensure we remain respectful of your time, so please keep that in mind when you're attending your appointments to get the absolute best out of your time with us.
- If you have an appointment but have several questions that you need answered before you begin, it's best to book a consultation ahead of time. This will ensure that we can address your concerns prior to your booked appointment, and then make the most out of the time you are paying us for.
WE ARE EXTREMELY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND UNDERSTANDING DURING THESE TRYING TIMES.
Bridal and Group Policies & Discounts
- If you would like to book before we open, an additional $25 fee will be charged per technician that is booked early, per hour. This is to cover our overhead costs and ensures your service provider is compensated for the additional time. Please be advised that we cannot guarantee our staff will be able to accommodate your time request.
- On-location services are available, for a service fee of $20 local, per technician. Call or email for a quote for out of town events.
- Packages are not available for on-location services.
For private parties outside of regular hours including late night and Sundays, please email us for a quote.