Non-Surgical Skin Tightening: Microneedling & Plasma Sublimation
There are two types of procedures that can be performed within a PhiLings treatment – Microneedling and Phi-Ion. These can be done in combination or separately, depending on indications for the treatment.
Indications for Microneedling
Microneedling creates micro-damages in the skin. Each micro-damage that is formed on the skin sends a message to the brain that it is necessary to start the natural regeneration and additional nourishment in that spot. This stimulates collagen production. Because this procedure is aimed at stimulating microcirculation, it has also been successfully used for hair restoration in cases of non-androgenic alopecia.
Micro-punctures are being inflicted by hand or by machine, depending on the size of the treated region. Microneedles penetrate the skin to the depth of 0.2 – 0.75mm and the procedure is considered to be painless. During the treatment, a microneedling cocktail is applied based on the skin type and it is subsequently absorbed. After the treatment, the client is issued with special kind of aftercare product followed by detailed instruction for use. Proper aftercare products application is of great importance as these products will nourish the skin during the regeneration process.
Treatment results include: skin hydration, and increased skin tone and smoothness causing existing wrinkles to be less visible and skin younger looking. Results become visible 24 hours after the procedure and will last 4-6 months. The procedure is repeated up to three times, 21 days apart.
After the procedure, the skin will be red and flushed in a manner similar to moderate sunburn. You may also experience skin tightness and mild sensitivity to touch on the area being treated. These effects will diminish greatly a few hours following treatment and within the next 24 hours the skin will be completely healed. After 3 days most visible erythema will be absolved.
The results of applied treatment can be different due to differences in the skin quality, thus there is no warranty for the treatment success.
Indications for Plasma Sublimation
Phi Ion Pen is a minimally invasive cosmetic tool for precisely oriented sublimation of the superficial skin layer. It is based on transmission of controlled quantity of energy by ionization of the atmospheric air. This process triggers an instant contraction and tightening of skin fibers to create a lifting, remodeling and rejuvenating effect. This method can be used to tighten the specific areas without causing any damage to the underlying or adjacent tissues. Plasma sublimation provides baggy eyelid correction, it can be used for wrinkles tensioning-crow’s feet, marionette lines, it is used for acne scars improvement, and it can also remove skin blemishes (advanced training required). This revolutionary method is capable of achieving results comparable to the results of the cosmetic surgery. One treatment is usually enough to achieve desired results. After 1 month, on check-up appointment, the Artist determines if an additional treatment is necessary. The results are expected to last for at least 9 months.
One treatment is usually enough to achieve desired results. After 1 month, on check-up appointment, the artist determines if an additional treatment is necessary. The results are expected to last for at least 9 months.
Clusters of yellowish spots up to 0.2mm in diameter will appear in the treated area and remain visible up to 5 days. Eyelids may get swollen and become red after the treatment and the client may feel tingling. All these side effects should disappear within 7 to 10 days.
Proper aftercare product application is of great importance.
One treatment is usually enough to achieve the desired results. After 1 month, on check-up appointment, the practitioner determines if an additional treatment is necessary. The results are expected to last for at least 9 months.
*Microneedling as well as plasma therapy always leads to the skin injury. Therefore, it is important to carefully and gently nurture your skin after the treatment to allow healing without complications. Inadequate aftercare procedure in healing phase of the skin can lead to poor results and practitioner and all persons representing the salon will not be liable for it.
If any of the following apply to you, please let us know prior to booking. This treatment either cannot be performed, or a different approach may need to be taken that may require some precautions.
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Cardiac abnormalities
- Blood clotting problems
- High blood pressure
- Active bacterial or fungal infections
- Collagen Vascular Diseases
- History of keloid scarring
- History of active solar keratosis
- Allergies (please list)
- Despite the staff expertise and all the precautionary measures, injury is unlikely, however still possible.
- Despite the application of the most advanced and top quality products, allergic reaction is possible but rare. The client is informed about this and he/she assumes liability.
- During and after the treatment temporary swelling, redness and/or itching may occur. These symptoms are temporary and typically subside within 12-72 hours, depending on the treatment.
Over the next 7 days the client is required to pay attention to the following:
- Do not wash your face for 12 hours after the treatment.
- Within the next 3 days following treatment, cleanse skin with a gentle cleanser and follow with provided aftercare, 3 times per day. After third day, apply sunscreen 3 times per day over treated areas.
- Please do not use aggressive hygiene products (fragrances, soaps, etc.) or any other creams except the ones provided to you in order to prevent possible infections or allergic reactions.
- Do not expose skin to direct sunlight for 3 days. Wear a hat and dark sunglasses when going out for 7 days after the treatment.
- Do not apply makeup on the facial skin including eyelids.
- In the first week after the treatment avoid public bathing, sunbathing, tanning salons, sauna, beauty treatments and intense sports/training accompanied by sweating or contact with dust.
- Do not use Botox or dermal fillers for at least three weeks after treatment.